Monday, November 16, 2009

24 weeks





Ella Jae is now weighing in 1 1/2 pounds (1.5 to be exact according to my appt last Wed.) and measuring 8 1/2 in from head to rump. Much of the weight is coming from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Her little sweet face is almost fully formed complete with a set of eyebrows and eyelashes and has a good sprinkling of hair on her head.

I went for what I thought was my final appointment at the high risk doctor last Wednesday. The doc couldn't get a good view of the heart because Ella Jae was in an awkward position. So I have to go back on December 9. While we were there, the technician flipped the 2d sonogram to 3d and we got a really great shot of our sweet babies face! It was quite hilarious because when I saw it I said, "oh my gosh, Adam, she looks just like you!" He laughed and said "it is too early to tell." Then when we got back out to the waiting room, he looked at the sonogram pictures more and got this smirk on his face and I said "Ad, what are smiling at?" He said "I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to hurt your feelings but she does look just like me. She definitely has my nose! Why can't she look like you?" It was so cute the way he said it! I know she will be perfect and beautiful no matter what! I just cannot wait to see her sweet little face in person and kiss it all over!

I have started to get heartburn :( But it isn't too bad. I have never really ever had heartburn before so I don't really know what to compare it to. It comes along just about after everything I eat and even randomly when I'm not eating. My belly has definitely grown!! While out and about, I know have strangers ask "when is the baby due?...do you know what you are having?...what are you going to name her?" I think it is sweet!! But what if I weren't pregnant haha!! I did finally invest in maternity jeans and they are skinny jeans :) I got them at Target on sale for $17 so that made me super excited!

I cannot believe that we only have less than 4 more months to go! Time is passing so quickly and I have been really fortunate to have such a great pregnancy! Ella Jae moves around like crazy!! We say that she will be fidgetey (sp?) like her Daddy :) Ahh...what if she is JUST like Adam hahaha??!!!! Just kidding, if she is anything like her Daddy, I will be one happy Momma :)

No comments: