Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter

I just love holidays, and Easter is one of my favorites! It makes me happy just thinking about it! I enjoy making Easter baskets, dying eggs, going to church, eating Sunday dinner, and being with my family. Growing up, I always looked forward to Easter: my grandmother would take my cousin and I to J.B. Whites to pick out an Easter dress, my cousins and I would die eggs and hunt for them and beg our moms to hide them again and again, we would go to sunrise service at the church I grew up at and then have breakfast at church, and we'd eat together as a family at my grandmother's, and we'd stand together infront of the azaleas and take pictures! Adam's Memere Lambert would send him a box of peanuts and hide eggs in it for him to find since she lived out of town (I think that is so cute!) , and now she sends he and I a chocolate bunny all the way from R.I. Although she is R.I., she always thinks of us during holidays. As I've gotten older, our traditions have changed a little bit but the reason for the season is still the same, that God sent His son to die for our sins, was resurrected from the dead and ascended into Heaven; "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16. What an amazing gift He gave to us. You can find the Easter Story in the book of Mark. I look forward to the day when Adam and I have children and we can read the Easter to the them and sharing traditions that they will remember and look forward to each year. Unfortunately, Adam has to work from 10 pm-8 am Saturday night so he probably won't make it to church on Sunday morning, but atleast he will be able to spend the day with our famililies. I am looking forward to it!
Happy Easter!

No comments: