Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Our sweet angel is sitting at my feet sound asleep in her Boppy pillow as I type. What a past few days it has been! Ella Jae arrived at 11:50 am on Saturday, February 27, 2010. I went into labor Friday night at 12:07 am. Adam and I had been on a date. We went to Beef O'Brady's for supper and then to Books-A-Million. I woke up at 12:07 (to be exact :-P) to the breaking of my water. I knew that what was happening was not normal. It wasn't a big gush so I couldn't be for certain so I called the doctor and the nurse on call told me to go to the hospital to get checked. I was not having any pain so I took a shower and woke up Adam. Waking up Adam was not easy because he had taken Nyquill haha! After he collected his senses we drove axiously to the hospital hoping this was the "real deal!" When we got there, I got checked and my water had indeed broken! It wasn't much longer and I started experiencing slight cramping aka labor pains. Fortunately, I was never in terrible pain. We got to the hospital aroun 1:00 am and I didn't get to a room until 3:30 or so. It was a full moon and 30 or babies were delivered that night and they were a little short staffed so I had to wait for a nurse to be called in. I had wonderful nurses and was treated like royalty! I got the epidural pretty early because she said it was best before I got in a lot of pain so I could stay still. The epidural was something I feared most but the worst part was when they pulled off the tape. They started pitocin to really get my labor going at 6 am. I mostly slept. When I asked my nurse what time she thought I would deliver, she said I would be eating lunch and she was right. At 10:30 am I was in active labor. My nurse then said she thought Ella Jae would be here at 11:05 am but little did she know, E was turned sideways and that left me pushing for 1 whole hour! Whoa, it felt like 5 hours, but it was so worth it! When she was born she let out a few cries, and when they layed her on my chest, she looked me right in the eyes and it was the sweetest most precious moment! And bless Adam's heart, he stayed seated for the most part :) He turned white at one point and was given a washcloth by the nurse. He didn't like seeing me that uncomfortable. He was a real trooper and feel in love with Ella Jae instantly. I am so blessed to have him as my husband and as my baby's father!! He was so proud and walking on a cloud the rest of the day! It was a very emotional day that I will never forget. Ella Jae is perfect in every way and I am thankful for our health! She is truly a special gift from above and we are enjoying every single second with her!

No comments: