Monday, August 10, 2009

11 weeks

This is our 11th week of pregnancy! And I am so excited because I go for my monthly check-up on Wednesday! I also go to the high-risk doctor for the first time (only because of my family history, baby is ok!) on Friday. I acutally went to my ob doctor on Friday because I had a little scare, but praise the Lord, baby Lambert was safely tucked away in my belly, kicking and moving all around! Yes, kicking and moving!! It was so awesome to see something so small move so much!! I just couldn't believe my eyes! Baby Lambert is a little wiggle worm! I still cannot feel any movement, and the doc said I wouldn't until about 18 weeks :( Although, as much as that little person was moving, I am thinking I will feel something sooner :)

Baby Lambert is almost fully formed and is over 1 inch and 1/2 long--as big as a fig! Hands will soon open and close into fists. Tiny tooth buds are beginning to form under gums, and some bones are beginning to harden. Baby is busy kicking and stretching , and movement will become more frequent as the body grows and develops!

Only 203 more days to go!

FYI...one baby is born every 8 seconds. That is 11,000 babies each day! What a miracle!!

No comments: