Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Adam!


Today marks Adam's first Father's Day! I am blesssed to have a wonderful husband and I always knew he would be a wonderful Daddy! Not only has he met that expectation, he has surpassed it. I could not have hand picked a better Daddy for Ella Jae. He loves his girls, and we love him more than words!

Ella Jae,
Do you know that you are a Daddy's girl already? Probably not, but you are. Your face lights up when you see your Daddy. You talk to him more than anyone else. I wonder if you can feel his love for you. He loves you so much. So much that sometimes I want to cry when I see him with you. You have the best Daddy, Ella Jae. He is so active in your little life already. He wants to be a part of everything I do with you and wants to learn all the things that sometimes only a Mommy knows. He is always eager to say, "Am, I'll get her." He gets up with you in the middle of the night. On your first doctor's appointment, he took complete control and I just sat in a chair while he undressed you and calmed you. He changes diapers, dirty ones and everything. He makes bottles and feeds you. He dances with you and does little workouts with you (we have videos of both, please ask to see them someday). He even sings to you on occassion, and your Daddy is no singer. I want to tell you a little bit about the man your Daddy is. He is a man of his word. He never says anything he doesn't mean. He is a man of virtue, he always does the right thing. He is honest. He never misses a bay of work, even when he is sick he still works. He is ambitious and so hard working, almost to a fault. He is always thinking about the future and how to make it better, sometimes forgetting to live in the 'now.' He is funny. He makes me laugh so hard sometimes that it makes my belly hurt. He is kind and everyone wants to be his friend. He is humble, he doesn't care what others think. He is a good person. You are going to learn so much from him. You are probably going to be like him in many ways. I tease him and say that because you look like him, you will act like me but the truth is you are already like him in some ways. You are scared easily like him, you don't like loud noises, you get angry when you are tired or hungry, you fidgit and can't be still very long, you like to watch t.v., you are serious most of the time but you can also make us laugh. I am excited to learn more ways that you are like him as you grow. I pray that you get the best qualities of each of us. I pray for your relationship with your Daddy. I know that you will always hold a special place in his heart. You are his 'cous-cous.' We are blessed to have a 'man among men' in our life, E. Your Daddy is one of a kind. He loves his girls. I know that he will always be there to love you and guide you in ways that only a Daddy can. I know that he will continue to surpass all my expections of what a Daddy should be. You are the luckiest little girl in the world, boo boo. And the best part, I get to share your Daddy with you. And that makes Momma a lucky girl, too.

All my love,
Momma

No comments: