Saturday, February 26, 2011

One year ago today...

One year ago today was a Friday, and I was 39 weeks pregnant. I remember it like it was yesterday! I slept in, did laundry, got ready for the day and met my father in law and uncle at a local Greek restuarant called "Acropolis." We know the owners well and she told me to eat the eggplant parm because it has been known to induce labor, not sure if that is a Greek thing or what. I thought "yea right, but what the heck because I like eggplant parm." haha! I ran some errands and came home to rest then get ready for a hot date night with my hubby! I took my 39 week preggo picture in the living room before heading off to dinner at "Beef O'Brady's" and then we heading to Books-A-Million. We had a great night together and I remember not eating that much because I had such little room because Miss Ella Jae was taking up all the room ha! We came home and I got in the bed at 10ish and woke up at midnight because I thought I had to tinkle. But when I used the bathroom, I knew something was different so I called the answering service at my doc office at 12:09 am and said I thought my water had broken and she said that I needed to head to the hospital because the only way to know for sure was to take a test. I took a shower and then woke up Adam. He had taken Nyquil the night before ha, so I had to wake him several times before he acutally got up lol! I grabbed my bag and we headed out the door. I had no pain at that point so I wasn't really sure if I was in labor or not, and I didn't have a gush of water like I see in movies, but I did remember my Momma telling me that when her water broke with me that it was a gradual thing. So when we got to the hospital, it was full moon and I had to wait for a nurse to be called in because so many women we having babies that night! Sure enough, my water had broken...and the fun began. 11 hours and 50 minutes later we had a beautiful healthy baby girl!
Before dinner!
{39 weeks} 2.26.10

On the way to the hospital!!!

No comments: