Friday, February 19, 2010

38 weeks and still waiting

Ella Jae has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, and I am very much looking forward to holding her sweet little hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

I am hanging in there and cannot wait to meet my sweet baby girl! I feel really good, a lot better than I had expected. I guess I just expected the worse because I have heard so many pregnancy stories about the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. I just have a lot of pressure and it is worse when I have been sitting or lying down and then stand up and try to walk. I've been sleeping pretty good, too, praise the Lord! I wake up a few times to potty and sometimes when I roll over because the pressure can be intense, but I am thankful to say that I haven't had one sleepless night!

Last night, we hung Ella Jae's wall art! It is so stinkin' cute and I cannot wait to post pictures of her completed nursery! I just have to complete her pelmet boxes to hang over the windows, I opted for that instead of curtains. It was a last minute decision but I think it will very girly and cute and really add to the room. I also have to paint a little antique chair that was my great-granddaddy's (who EJ is named after) when he was a little boy. It is very special and I am so happy that my grandmother let me have it! Adam sanded it and primed it and now I just have to paint it pink and brown :)

I have been struggling with what outfit she will come home in. I have bought 2 and gotten 2 as showers gifts that I might like her to wear. I bought another one today. I wanted something pink ofcourse and with a little matching hat and booties. Maybe I will just take them all and decide when it is time to take her home :) Oh, how I cannot wait to bring her home!!

No comments: