Monday, February 1, 2010

36 weeks

Ella Jae is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, she will be considered full-term! I go to the doctor on Wednesday for my last ultrasound! I am so excited because not only will I get to see her sweet face, but we'll know more about when she is expected to arrive and all the good details!


I feel huge although many people tell me I'm not THAT big...haha! OMG...last night, Adam and I were at Kroger and I was standing in front of the ice cream trying to make a decision, and these two ladies walk past me and one tells the other, "how cute, a pregnant girl at the icecream!" And they laughed! I didn't know whether to laugh or be insulted, so I just laughed. It was pretty funny! And was very cliche', although there were no pickles in my buggy! Ha! Besides all the comments, I'm hanging in there. Very very anxious to meet this little girl inside of me that keeps me awake at night, gives me heartburn, keeps her little foot tucked under my right rib cage (p.s. that is new), and makes me smile constantly! Last night, Adam put together her stroller and car seat :) So exciting!! I got the Chicco Key Fit 30 Travel System in Discovery. I wanted the "Adventure" pattern but they did not have it at Babys R Us and I had a coupon for there. We ended up getting it for $259.00 compared to $329.99!!! I was so excited! It is the safest carseast in America!! It isn't very girly :( But I tried to get all the big items very gender neutral. Can't wait to bring her home in this....

No comments: