Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday already? And...37 weeks!

I cannot believe that it is Wednesday already! I am so excited for today because I go to my weekly appointment! I can't wait to hear what Dr. Serrano has to tell me. I hope it is something very exciting! This week I am 37 weeks pregnant! Wow...only 3 more weeks OR less to go :) Ella Jae is now considered full term. If I went into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. She weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. And I am sure Ella Jae has a head full of dark hair, I just know it! Between Adam and I, we both have thick dark hair so I am sure she will too! Hopefully, it is enough to put a bow in :) She already has quite the stock of bows :) I just wish I had a little window on my belly and I could peek in and see how sweet she looks! I am so anxious to see her and the anticipation just grows and grows with each day. For a few weeks now, when she moves we can feel that it is little body parts, guessing it is a foot or knee. It is the neatest thing! It is so hard to believe that a little 6 lb baby that is 19-20 in long is tucked away inside my belly. She is still very active especially when I eat and at night. One night, she even woke Adam up because she was kicking so hard haha!

Tonight I am going to dinner with my girlfriends for Amanda's birthday! I'm excited! We always have the best time together and just don't get together often enough. I love those girls!! Looking forward to a fun and productive Wednesday!

No comments: