Thursday, September 3, 2009

14 weeks

Baby L is my sweet little lemon this week weighing in at 1 1/2 oz and measuring 3 1/2 in. (I looked on ruler to get an idea and that is pretty long!) Baby is stretching out. Baby can squint, frown, grimace, tinkle (the urine is released into the amniotic fluid), and suck its thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, facial muscles are getting a workout as baby's tiny features form one expression after another. Baby can grasp, too :) The head sits more distinct on the neck. By the end of the week, the arms will have grown to a length that is more proportion to the rest of the bosy. Baby also develops an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair called lanugo, all over the bosy. The liver will also start to make bile and the spleen helps make red blood cells. Baby L's hands and feet now measure 1/2 in long!!! They are more flexible and active :) Week 14 is a busy week for Baby Lambert :)

I officially cannot button any of my pants any longer, but I have invested in a bella-band. It is awesome! It allows me to still wear my regular pants unbuttoned! I could hug the inventor! I still have only gained 2-3 lbs. It varies day to day and scale to scale. My next appointment with the OB is 9/8! We have scheduled an appointment with Prenatal Imaging, a 3D-4D sonogram facility, who will also tell us the gender......YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: