Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall weather already?

Today seemed like a fall day! I got really excited when I stepped outside to head to work, but I know it is not here to stay. I came for a short while just to give us a tease. But I did get a glimpse of the fall weather and hopefully it is near! I love the fall and everything that goes with it. It even is beginning to look more fall-like outside. You can no longer see the sweltering heat rise off the roads and that is good sign that fall is around the corner!

I also had a sweet encounter with one of our older members at work today. I worked on the teller line today(an every other wednesday thing for me), and I waited on Mr. Bradshaw. He was telling me how he was going on a little road trip, and he could do that sort of thing because he was retired. And I said "don't brag Mr. Bradshaw, I am long way from retirement!" He said that sometimes he does get bored and when he gets bored, he just goes down to the courthouse and sits in on trials. When he told me that, I just had to laugh. I thought it was the cutest thing! Oh, the life of a retiree! Adam and I talk about our days as retirees :0) Hopefully we can retire while we are still really young and live on the coast somewhere :) Oh what a life to look forward to :)

No comments: