Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Many Firsts...

Yesterday Ella Jae went to daycare for the first time and to the E.R. I took Ella Jae to daycare at 10:30 am to do a run-thru so I would know how long it would have taken me today to get ready and everything. I picked her up at 5 pm. They said she did well, but I noticed from her progress chart that she didn't nap that well. So it was no surprise that when I got her home that all she wanted to do was sleep. She wasn't eating that great but I thought it was just because she was pooped out. It alarmed when I started getting up with her every hour starting at 11 pm. I can't remember the last time I had to get up with her through the night. At 3 am she was boiling hot and took her temperature and it was 101.7. So I called the ped office and he said to take her to the E.R. I did and we were there for 4 hours :( It was so awful, probably the worst experience of my life. Bless her little heart, she was poked and proded. I don't know if all of it was worth it for just a fever. They drew blood, took a urine sample by taping this little bag to her girl parts, kept checking her heart rate and respirations. Finally she took a little bottle while we waited for results and she went to sleep. The docs really didn't conclude much because her blood and urine tests were fine. So we are going to the peds office to follow up with him this afternoon. She is eating better but still very tired :( I pray that she is coming down with something and that is just a fluke fever. Praying my baby girl gets better soon! I just think that she was playing "hooky" because she didn't want her Mommy to leave her again haha!

No comments: