Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Kid's names

I am participating in "Show Us Your Life--your kid's names" at Kelly's blog. I was always wanted to participate but never have for whatever reason. I was really excited about this paricular post and wanted to share why we chose "Ella Jae."

Ella Jae

I always wanted to have a double-name for my little girl. And it has always been important to me, too, to give my children names with meaing and importance. Growing up, my great-granddaddy was very special to me. He passed away my freshman year in college. He will always have a special place in my heart and after he passed, I knew I wanted to remember him in a special way. His name was Elbert Jacob and those who knew him best called him "EJ." And I wanted an "EJ", too. So I took the "El" and the "Ja" from this name and made "Ella Jae!" Fortunately, Adam loved the name but I didn't give him much choice in the matter, either, haha! And that is how we named our sweet Ella Jae!!

No comments: