Monday, October 19, 2009

Our weekend recap

Our weekend was quite eventful! I worked Saturday until 1pm and then started preparing for Megan and Nicholas' engagement party on Sunday. Mem and Pep Lambert are in town so I met them for supper Saturday night, and then Mom came over to help me prepare a couple things for Sunday. Poor Addie boy had to close Saturday night and open on Sunday so it didn't get to be real involved with all the festivites :( Sunday, my day started bright and early. I even skipped Church so I could get everything all set for 2 pm. Mom came over to help. She was such a great help in buying and preparing food. Mem Lambert and Erica came early to help set up as well. I thought I could do it all by myself, but it was so nice to have sweet help and they we so willing to do anything. Mom helped me prepare all the food, Mem picked up the petit fours for us and helped set out the food, and Erica picked up last minute items and helped make sandwiches. I would have been in such a tizzy without those women!! We had a lot of fun together while we were getting everything all set up for the party!

The party went really well! We had a great turn out! The food was so yummy and we had plenty left over. It was so nice to see two families come together and mingle for Megan and Nicholas! They are so loved!!

After the party, we had a little "after party!" It was NFL Sunday football! So ofcourse that meant watching the Patriots game! The girls mingled in the kitchen while the guys watched the game :) The game was a complete blowout...so my hubby was a happy man :)

Adam and I were able to relax together and hang out so that was a great end to the weekend! He helped me clean up the kitchen and put away the dishes and then we watched game highlights (ofcourse haha) and Premonition. The weekend went by way too fast for my liking! Now it is time for the work week. Fortunately, I have Wednesday and the weekend off so that is definitely something to look forward to! Maybe Adam and I can even sneak in a trip to the Aiken Co fair :)

No comments: