Thursday, October 15, 2009

What fun on a rainy day!

I made the most yummy pumpkin muffins yesterday! I really wanted to make a pumpkin pie, but after searching for a good fall recipe, I stumbled across the pumpkin muffin recipe and had to make them to take to Mem's for supper. It was a great day for baking, too! It rained ALL day so it was a nice day to stay inside and bake :) I also made my house smell like fall by boiling water, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin spice! All my tall candle lighters are out of fluid and that was a great way to make our home smell like fall. I think it even did a better job than a candle because the scent filled the entire house!

Pumpin Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
4 T butter, cut into pieces
1 c pumpkin
1/2 c evap. milk
1 egg
1 1/2 t vanilla

-Preheat over to 400 degrees
-Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
-In seperate bowl, mix pumpkin, evap. milk, egg, and vanilla.
-Pour pumpkin mix in flour mix. Fold until combined.
-Pour combined mix into muffin pan. Makes 12 muffins.
-Bake at 25 min.

After supper at Mem's, we rented the movie "The Proposal!" It was so funny! I have always loved Sandra Bullock and was saddened when she kind of fell off the movie scene for a couple years. She is hilarious to me! I can't wait to see the new movie she has out with Bradley Cooper!

No comments: