Thursday, October 1, 2009

18 weeks

Ella Jae is approx. 5 1/2 in. long and weighs 7 oz. She is busy flexing and moving her arms and legs. Her female organs are formed and in place. Her blood vessles are visible through her skin and her ears are in final position. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue a year after she is born.

Ella Jae is moving a lot. I typically feel her move in the morning and at night. My belly is starting to grow, finally! To the normal person, I still don't look pregnant but those who know me can tell. I bought 2 pair of maternity pants to wear to work. I can still wear my regular pants with the bella band although the maternity pants are MUCH more comfortable. I may wear those forever...just kidding! I have gained 6 lbs. and should be gaining more weight in my 2nd trimester...although I hope not too much! As bad as I want to look pregnant, I don't want to gain tremendous amounts of weight so for that reason, I will be patient with my baby bump!

No comments: