Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I am linking up with Chelsea and participating in...

Ten on Tuesday!

1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked? There is a great family owned seafood restaurant that I grew up going to with my mom's family called Old McDonald's Fish Camp, and when I was probably about 10 or 11 my cousin ordered "frog legs" and she wouldn't leave me alone until I tried them. And when I did, I found she was exactly right...they did taste like chicken...lol!


2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones? Does Southern Living or Better Homes and Garden count...I subscribe to both and always go straight to the recipe section of each mag :)


3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook? Butter...I think I'm kin to Paula Deen...lol!


4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult? I have never been a picky eater that I can recall. I always just kind of ate what was fixed, and still eat pretty much everything.


5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? I love collard greens and turnips with mayo..."weird" is an understatement to most people lol! But it is good, I promise! Try it!


6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? Cumin, until I found out what it was lol! I had never heard of cumin before until I needed it for a recipe. It's just a weird word to me lol!


7. Do you have any major food allergies? I don't, praise the Lord! I don't know what I would nor does anyone in my fam.


8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try? I get really imtimidated with recipes with lots of ingredients!


9. Do you bake? I LOVE to bake and wish I had more time to do it! I grew up with a baking grandma and love it all! I most look forward to the days when Ella Jae and I can bake together :)


10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? I don't really watch many cooking competition shows. I enjoy more of Paula, Rachael, & Giada. But if I had to pick, it would probably be Throw Down with Bobby Flay because a local baker, Very Vera, competed on that show and won!

No comments: